Many ups-and-downs, experiences, and learnings later, at an organizational level we decided it was time to go one step further and revisit Pixelmatters’ fundamental purpose. It includes:
- 💫 Our Purpose
- 🎯 What we do
- 🌍 Our Mission
- 💡 Our Vision
- 🤝 Our Values
- 🎖 Our Manifesto
Now, these are no longer an individual product as they were on day one, but instead, a product of the exceptional group of passionate people that, every day, define and shape Pixelmatters culture.
This post is a simple adaptation of an internal document that was created and shared with our whole team. The goal is to look at this as an inspirational guiding light on behavior and decision-making. Hopefully, it also resonates with you — watching Pixelmatters’ from the outside. Read on!
💫 Our Purpose
Why we do what we do.
To make people’s life simpler and better, everywhere, every day, through the power of ideas, design and technology.
🎯 What we do
The bottom line on why we exist.
Pixelmatters is a digital product studio.
We’re a team of strategists, designers and developers creating top-quality digital products that empower businesses to achieve their full potential.
🌍 Our Mission
An ambitious yet achievable position in our market, or in our customers’ lives, that reflects our purpose.
Empower businesses to achieve their full potential by creating top-quality digital products, while fostering great relationships along the way.
The legacy we want to leave behind decades from now.
A world where great user experience is the norm, not the exception, inspiring businesses and people to be at their best.
🤝 Our Values
What we believe in.
- Passion never fails Great things are only achievable when you love what you do.
- People come first Happy clients and unhappy team? No, not here. Not with us.
- Impossible is nothing There’s no such thing as limits. They are in your brain — nowhere else.
- We’re not executants We’re all the same team. We work with you, not for you.
- Every pixel matters We strive to do things of which we’re proud to say: “We’ve done this!”
- Don’t take yourself too seriously Have fun, otherwise, it’s not worth it.
🎖 Our Manifesto
A declaration of principles, postures, and mindset.
- Family, health and well being, always, always come first
- Be serious, honest and just tell the truth. Everybody wins
- It’s not about “you” or “I”. It’s about us
- Trust each other, everyone can be valuable until proven otherwise
- Be curious, proactive, have a critical spirit, make questions. Lots of questions
- Treat clients with the utmost professionalism and empathy, but knowing they’re not always right
- Be brave and fast, making compromises and tough decisions when needed
- Trust your good sense and intuition, not everything needs (to go through) a process
- Be vulnerable. You will make mistakes, it’s ok. We’re all in this together
- Embrace and love the journey, it is as important as the final result
- Respect the legacy, focus on the present and look into the future
- Share your knowledge with the world. The universe will take care of the rest
Follow Pixelmatters on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.